Monday, April 28, 2014

ALMA 29:4! oh, and the priesthood session on repreat


Let me tell you about the week i have had. I guess it could go perfectly with the scripture Alma 29.4. YEs, go read it...now!




okay, have you read it?

well...
READ IT AGAIN!


Okay, got it?

Good.

So. my comp said "wouldnt it be nice if we could just sleep one whole day?" and i shouted "BLASPHEMY!" and she said "i would just love to have one day to just sleep and have the energy for the whole rest of my mission." so i told her "hey, the brightside is that there are a ton of mosquitoes out now, so maybe you'll get dengue (an illness that last for a week that i caught back in barrios and its horrible, you just pass the week speeling and drinking 7up)! keep your hopes up!" well, remember alma 29:4, well, it wasnt my true desire that my comp would get sick, but Heavenly Father taught me a lesson to not be sarcastic, and to not joke around. And it came to pass... MY COMP WAS REALLY SICK the following morning. yes, its true. everyone said it was my fault, hna.ramirez es su culpa, SU culpa! arrepientase! so i just said in english... i plead the fifth. the funniest thing is when people are angry with you and yell in spanish and to make a sly remark in english- they just decide to leave you alone. well, i didn't want my companion to get sick. i care for her. she has asthma, she got a bad cold, and friday she couldnt breathe. so we went to the hospital, and stayed there for two and a half days.

Dad, let me tell you, i am so happy that we are taught to keep the law, because i felt like iwas in prison for those two days, and i can't imagine what real prison would be like. Seriously, i climbed out the window and stood on the air vent to get some air, and nearly killed my companion because she saw me and started laughing and then coughed for about five minutes, and her eyes were bulging out of her head. We couldn't watch tv, but we did find the byu channel,  and we're are only allowed to watch church broadcasts. so we watched the priesthood session four times. yes, i know the all talks , i know all the hymns that were sung, and i know how much i really love freedom. I stuck my head out the door and looked down the hall and saw a vending machine, and thought "there might be some candy.. gluten free candy out there, somewhere!" well, i love freedom. american prisons let people go outside and have... recess time (kind of) and i couldnt even leave the room. well, im alive. by the way, across the way from the hospital there is a mcdonalds that plays american music really loud. well, lets just say, im still not a bieber fan.

Dad, i love the book of john. I read a lot of John this week, and i really love it. I started Luke, but i had read Luke a ton of times, so i changed to John, and I really appreciate the Bible so much. I love the Bible so much Dad. I feel very privlgd that i could grow up and learn the word of God through the Bible, and learn of Christ. So, i must tell you i was reading in Luke 10, and its pretty awesome this chapter. i suggest you go read it. anyway, verses 6-8 are sweet, i like verse 8. very interesting. i think about how we get fed weird things sometimes, and  well, the Bible says to go for it, so.. yeah. Eat with faith! people tel me to do that with gluten, and i just say... check yourself.

Dad, i feel like i didt rememebr much about this week.

the cemetary is in our area and we went there. Its soo pretty! my comp and i took pictures because the landscape it soo pretty! theres a cafeteria there, but i didnt want to eat there. al fresco? noooo.

im sorry my week wasnt interesting.
I love you!!!!!!!!

take care!

oh, i found this dog with an underbite!
Love,
 Hermana Ramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment